Friday, September 15, 2006

Murky Waste goes on the offensive (and it is very offensive!)

The last two editions of the Evening Leader suggests that the editor's made a conscious decision to back Murky Waste's view of events. On Wednesday we had the headline news that councillors who voted against revocation had been called late at night. It's unclear how this is connected to the Hafod, as councillors make unpopular decisions all the time. But it was presented by the Leader as a menace by a minority of campaigners.
Last night's Leader (Thursday) had an even more ridiculous scare story. It claimed - on the basis of a single very biased source - that a white van had attempted to force a Murky Waste lorry off the by-pass. This was accepted as part of a harassment campaign by protesters and, more specifically, sought to divide campaigners between the "acceptable" majority and the "militant" minority. I'm sure we've all been cut up by white vans in our time and would have appreciated being in a 30-tonne truck - how many white vans would take them on?
Murky Waste is a big business and operates accordingly. Big business when it's in trouble turns to crisis management PR firms and these stories have all the hallmarks of a Public Relations firm planting stories in a gullible (or unthinking) media.
Our united campaign to stop the immoral dumping at the Hafod will go on regardless of these scare stories.

7 Comments:

At Friday, September 15, 2006 7:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its just the start of things,this is going to be a long running battle,i think the council will be in for a shock next elections and murkywaste deserve all they get as far as i'm concerned.If youu have no morals then expect likewise treatment.

 
At Saturday, September 16, 2006 11:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's absoloutely pathetic that their offenses go unnoticed. Every day at least one of their lorries exits the tip too fast and doesn't even consider checking both sides of the road for oncoming traffic.
Discgraceful

A peeved protestor.

 
At Saturday, September 16, 2006 4:03:00 PM, Blogger Bren said...

Anyone able to get video footage of dangerous driving by Mersey Waste Transport? Perhaps public spirited protesters could wear hi-vis jackets and ensure that the wagons exit safely if the police aren't there to perform this important function...

 
At Saturday, September 16, 2006 4:47:00 PM, Blogger dafad ddu said...

video footage will be useful for the European action planned against the company (as suggested by Jill Evans MEP).

 
At Thursday, September 21, 2006 7:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont know what all the fuss is about. Gowy landfill is set to close pretty soon, and after that, most of wrexham's waste will go to Hafod.
At the end of the project, there will be a lovely landscape which will never be built on, and will probably become a nature reserve anyway!
They've already started tipping, so the protesters are fighting a losing battle. Dissapearing at around 8.30-9.00am isn't going to help either. Wagons turn up there throughout the entire day, so stop wasting your time, and get some extra sleep.
Granted, it's a shame that waste is coming into Wales from Merseyside, but there's not much that can be done about it now...

 
At Thursday, September 21, 2006 9:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not neccessarily true.
As Jill Evans (MEP) said, at the Rhondda Landfill tipping had commenced. It was a long battle, but in the end they won, and the site was shut down.

Get your facts right, Einstein.

 
At Thursday, October 11, 2007 12:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The people who run this site are bigots. They delete posts that disagree with their point of view.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home